Building one dream at a time.
OUR PROMISE & COMMITMENT
GCI goals on all jobs are to provide daily progress, high quality craftsmanship, daily cleanup, and pleasant jobsite atmosphere. On this end, we hire intelligent, competent, ethical, respectful employees and subcontractors.
CONSTRUCTION AND REMODELS
- Whole house remodels
- Kitchen remodels
- Home Offices
- Bay windows, window repairs and window installation
- Decks, patios and spas
- Concrete driveways, patios, walkways
- Second story additions
- Room additions
- Wine cellars
- Bathroom remodels
- French doors
REPAIR AND INSPECTIONS
- Free home inspections
- Consultations on code failures
- Repairs and correct code failures
- New homes, custom and spec homes to sell
- California Licensed General Contractor #B622568
- Journeyman, United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America
- WIRSBO Radiant Heat Certified
- Certified Green Building Professional, Build It Green
Tim Garretson has built home additions, home remodels and new custom homes in these Bay Area Locations:
San Francisco, South San Francisco, Calavaras County, Half Moon Bay, Montara, Redwood City, Burlinggame, Belmont, San Mateo, San Jose, Campbell, Atherton, Portola Valley, San Carlos, Woodside,, Los Altos Hills, Los Altos,Menlo Park, Palo Alto, Stanford, Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, Saratoga, Los Gatos and Cupertino
Garretson Construcion has built home building plans by these well known San Francisco Bay Area architects and design professionals:
Diederich & Kim Architects, AIA, Woodside
Schwanke Architecture, AIA, Menlo Park
Hall Architecture, AIA, Redwood City
Shawn Sasse, AIA, Menlo Park
JPH Design Management Inc. San Carlos
Wayne Gong, AIA, Cupertino
Ferenc Csatho, AIA, Foster City
Rose Garretson, Interior Designer, San Carlos
Colleen Chesler, Interior Designer, San Carlos
- Architectural Design (collaboration with architects, draftsmen and builders).
- Architectural Trim (mouldings, columns, wainscot, corbels, turned legs)
- Appliances (the typical kitchen remodel requires at least 5 – 7 decisions)
- Cabinet and Door Hardware (knobs & pulls, handles & hinges)
- Color Consultation: Interior & Exterior (wall, ceiling and trim choices, stenciling, faux finishes)
- Countertops (stone, concrete, tile, solid-surface, butcher block, stainless steel)
- Design (kitchen, bath, interior details, landscape (softscape & hardscape)
- Exterior Design: landscape (softscape and hardscape, ornaments)
- Fabrication and Installation (countertops, custom doors, window coverings, etc)
- Flooring (hardwood, carpet, tile, concrete, pavers, natural stone, vinyl)
- Furnishings (furniture, accessories, rugs/carpeting, window coverings) selection and placement
- Interior and Exterior Doors (architectural or functional, entry, fire and attic)
- Lighting (interior & exterior fixture choices and placement)
- Plumbing Fixtures (bathrooms, kitchen, wet bar, laundry room, outdoor kitchen)
- Spacial planning and measurement
- Wall Finishes (smooth, Old-World, orange peel, trowel, plaster finishes)
- Window Coverings (shutters, shades, blinds, drapes, valences)
GCI recommends that before you sign a contract, ask the contractor the following:
- Are you licensed in the state of California?
- Are your subcontractors Licensed?
- (get license number and call State License Board at 1800.321.2752)
- Are you insured for Workers Compensation and General Liability?
- Are your subcontractors Insured?
- (Ask for certificate of insurance)
- Do you have a business permit to work in my city?
- Will my home be protected during construction, including daily lock up?
- Do you have a written change order policy for variation in the scope of work defined in the contract?
- Will you provide client references and supliers references?
- Do your key people have cell phones?
- Do you return your calls within 24 hours?
- Will you obtain the necessary permits for my jobs?
- By the way, GCI can answer yes to all the above concerns!